Friday 22 April 2016

journey of tcs

 

  Journey of TCS

Journey To TCS Ignite,Chennai

My journey to TCS ignite ,Chennai has started a very long time ago. I was introduced to Ignite when i was in 3rd year of my Graduation(BCA) during July-Aug 2016, from my college Dean. He had just introduced us to Open Ignite program 2016 and said that ”This is the unique opportunities for you guys (to my class),just grab it,it never come again such Golden opportunities for you”.

At that time i don’t know much about TCS ignite program but with this inseparable words ,i was register in Open Ignite and found it interesting ,complete my portfolio. At that time i was not aware with my self,i was just taking it casually not so serious about it. After Registering I was give tests join teams,form groups means i was active in Open Ignite with a little hope.

In Nov-Dec 2013 Open Ignite launch a course Open challenge,i felt it so hepatic,after giving a number of test again participate in Open Challenge and submit solution of different projects available in Open Challenge. Finally i left it in Dec 2013 and doesn’t submit any solution of project. I was just left it luck and God,but before Open Challenge I was dam mad in Open Ignite.

I got a message in my mobile ‘Dear candidate your interview has been scheduled check your mail’ on 11th Jan 2016 when i was in visit b.h.ghardi college with my college trip for GES(Global Entrepreneurship Summit)2014.Along with me some of my college friends also got same message about our Ignite interview. With this great news everyone felt happy and lucky were decided after returning our home town start preparation for our interview together.

Coming back to home,me and my friends has decided to request to our Dean, arrange some softskills and technical classes to furnish our knowledge in order to perform better in interview ”But This time our Dean disappointed us alot we didn’t get any extra classes”.In the mean time we have checked our mails got a link to download interview card(Interview letter).We have downloaded it and found all of us having the same interview time,date and location(1:00 pm,13th of Feb 2016, TCS GARMIA PARK,GANDHINAGAR)and we have register in Next Step Portal by which we get our DT/CT reference number.

Gradually we are closed to our interview date,we all have start preparing hard by self only. Finally the day is come some of my friends decided to go GANDHINAGER by Bus. The journey from JUNAGADH to GANDHINAGR with seven Friends is very excited. Finally At 7:00 Am we were at GANDHINAGER,check in Hotels and fresh out there,and reached exact 1:00 AM to our destination.

At that time we all are very confused no idea about what is going to happen now. With lot of nervousness we entered in a room over there many students are sitting and rearrange their documents for verification,so this is verification room to verify our documents.

After Document verification,we moved in another hall over there 4,5 HR sited in cabin and taking HR and Technical Rounds of interview. Each candidate move to first HR round after clearing HR,one can move in Technical i.e. Final round. We were sitting on chairs to waiting for our turn in HR round,in the mean while a TCS associates give us some programming questions to solve it then and their on a sheet of paper. Question is very simple like Factorial,Reverse a String,Prime Number etc ,given us to just for engaged us.

So,DIPAK tell me about your self and your family background” is the first question as aspect, a lady HR asked to me when I entered in the cabin. To be frank at that time my communication is not very good but I am able to speak my words. The HR round is not a tough one,she asked some question related to our details in Open Ignite portfolio. After some around 8 to 10 questions she given me two question on a sheet of paper to solve. The question is very simple,one is related to Area of Circle and Square and another is from programming ‘Find multiples of 24’.I solved it correctly than she said ‘Thank you DIPAK Best of luck’ and signed on my application. In the hall a TCS associate checked my paper and told me ‘Go and wait for your technical round’ OMG what a felling when I was clear my first round awesome,feeling full of confidence!. ”So In HR round they are basically judge our communication and basic knowledge about Mathematics and Programming”.

Now i was waiting for my final or Technical round,In final round around 20 question asked to me related to Data Structure,Stack,SQL,12th Physics,Integration and Differentiation.In over 20 question, answear of 3 or 4 question i didn’t know at all so i simply replied ”Sorry Sir i don’t know about it” i answeared rest question correctly with minor mistake, The interview was arround 20-30 minutes,lastly he asked me “why you want to join TCS Ignite”,i replied simply “for my better carrer and all that”. Now interview is completely over and they said ‘wait for a month for the results we will inform you via mail and next step portal.

After returning our home town me and my friends are waiting for results,after a week some of my friends got a mail that states ’Thank you for participating in TCS Ignite Interview’.I  didn’t get such mail so that time i was little tensed.After 12-20 days of my interview i got a mail about Code Ground that states ’To learn Java and Pyhton Programing at Code Ground Portal powered by TCS ignite’.It is not mandotry to learn by i move on to it try to solve questions. Its around more that a month and still we didn’t get our results,lastly i left checkouts my mails and Next step portal,i was hopeless,frustrated about results.

At 13th March 2016 one of my friends got mail about Offer Letter and i am happly to know that he is selected.Instantly i also checked mail and next step portal and find the same.This is the moment i never ever forget in my life i was happy for my selection as well as sad for my dear one who is not selected.Our designation is Graduate Trainee.

In Offer letter it is mentioned that to complete some of documents before joining these documents are mentioned in offer letter.Me and my friend together move to prepare documents for joining.At 28th March we got a mail about NSR Registration.NSR Registration is not mandatory before joinig one can do it after joining also.We both register and plan to move POS(Poit Of Servies) center of NSR to complete Registration after submitting biometrics details like finger prints etc.Friends There is no POS center in my City so we will postponed it for some time.

Now in month of April 2016,i was try to find ins and out about TCS trainees and information related to Training.I was found about IPL(Initial Learning Program) Aspire aslo PEO(Pre Employment Orientation).

Aspire-It is Pre-ILP learning program for Engineering Graduates after getting Offer Letter,They need to prepare themselves for Training to perform in Aspire Quiz,Test,Projects etc.Those who is perform better get early joinig otherwise wait.

PEO-It is for Normal Graduates like BCA,B.sc(Hon),B.sc.IT,B.Sc.(Computer Science) etc.

So PEO is basically for Open Ignite student,Again PEO also having some task and projects and who is perform better and actively participate in PEO get early joining otherwise wait for next batch.

Now i got idea about PEO and i know better i need to perform better PEO,but question is when the PEO start for Ignite 2014 Batch.

At 28th April 2016 i got a mail regarding PEO with a link and password to Login in PEO Portal,and  the mail is

Congratulations on your TCS selection and welcome to Pre Employment Orientation (PEO) learning program. The likely joining date for the first batch is the 18th of July. Those who are not invited to join as part of this batch will be part of the next batch that is likely to start in the 3rd week of Februray 2015. To ensure you are part of the first batch, you have to actively participate in all the PEO activities over the next 10 weeks. The PEO learning program will help you prepare for training by strengthening your technical background and your English language and communication skills. Activities will include reading assignments, projects and tests. All activities have to be done individually by oneself unless explicitly stated otherwise. We have ways to find out if you copy. All those found indulging in malpractices will have their joining dates postponed indefinitely.

 Wish you all the best!

PEO Team:”

After login in PEO Portal,found there no task at all,and getting hungry to perform in PEO.After some days task and projects are given to us.In the mean time 14th of May i was completed my NSR Registration at GANDHINAGAR nearest to my city.

From 28th April 2016 to 17th  june 2016 continuously performing in PEO as well as in ‘Code Ground’ (code ground is a online java tutor powered by TCS.) actively complete all projects as soon as possible,given the test.On 18th june 2016 some of us got status changed in PEO portal status become ‘Invited for joining TCS’ from ‘Shortlisted’.It gives us a huge relax and those who got change in status expected their joining by 18th july in 1st  batch.

On 21th June some of us got message that our joining date has been decided that is 25th July and i am the lucky one,now i am start preparing for my joining.Finally after a lot of tense i got some cheerful moment in my life.

On 27th June i got my joining letter via mail,this is the ultimate relax i got in last three month.Thanks God and my well wisher.

"God will only give you opportunity , Performance is yours !!"

Thanks for your time and patience!! Sorry for miss spelled words!!!

 


Thanks & Regards,

 Dipak N. Mangnani | BCA |
student of sssdiit college
(M): +91 9033790214

No comments:

Post a Comment